Yup – you read that right – Gods of Sand and Stone is officially published and available for purchase on Amazon and Smashwords (it’ll be out through B&N, iTunes and the rest once it propagates). Yes. You can rush out right now and buy a copy of your very own! But wait! There’s more! (Hang on a sec while I jump into my carnival barker persona.)
A Giveaway for a Limited Time Only
You’re probably asking yourself, “Self, how can this get any better than being able to spend my hard-earned money on that shiny, new book” aren’t ya? Well, here’s how. I’m doing a giveaway. Three of them, actually. The first giveaway will be held from Monday, March 26th through Friday, March 30th (yes, I use that wacky American date format). The second giveaway will take place from April 9th through April 13th. The third and final giveaway will be from April 23rd through April 27th.
What the hell are those? Why, I’m glad you asked! They’re three characters from Gods of Sand and Stone. This is original art, all done by Brad Joyce (you can catch him on Twitter), and were done with a Staedtler lead holder with HB pencil lead on 300 series Strathmore Bristol board. These are not prints – they’re original work, and there’s only 1 of each of them. Each one is 9in x 12in on heavy stock and is suitable for framing.
They look a lot nicer in person than in the shots above – who would have thought it would be so damned hard to take pictures of penciled drawings in a dim room? LOL Anyway, take my word for it, these things are AWESOME. And I’m giving them away. 1 per week. Great, how the hell do I enter?
Here’s the Catch
In order to enter, you’re going to have to do something. Here’s how the contest works -
- It’ll be held on 3 social networks – Twitter, Facebook and G+
- You get 1 entry to the contest for every RT or share
- While they’re greatly appreciated, likes and comments on MY posts DO NOT COUNT – you have to RT or share the post in your stream to get credit
- Unsolicited spontaneous acts of support earn you 2 entries instead of 1 (read that as you take it on yourself to tweet or post about GoSAS, rather than RTing or sharing my post)
- ALL posts, RTs, shares etc. have to use the #GoSAS hashtag (so I can track things and give you credit for all your hard work)
- (Yes, I’m aware that hashtags don’t work over on FB) For Facebook posts, I’ll be notified of shares. In order to get credit for spontaneous acts of support, you’ll need to tag me by name in the post
- You can enter as many times as you want. Each RT, share or SAS (spontaneous act of support) gets you another entry.
- You can enter all week long. (See? I’m making it really easy on you!)
- At the end of each week, I will randomly choose 1 person (see why you want multiple entries?) who will win that week’s art.
- As a note, the first 2 giveaway weeks are open for everyone. The 3rd week is going to be ONLY for those who’ve read GoSAS.
Ok, so maybe it’s not so much of a catch, I suppose. Anyway, the giveaway starts Monday – watch for the tweets and posts. Share and get entered to win some of Brad’s awesome artwork. In the meantime, why not go to Amazon or Smashwords and become the proud new owner of my latest fantasy book?
P.S. Got questions about the giveaway? Something to say about the book? Hit me up on Twitter, FB or, hell, leave a comment down below!